Fire Safety and Cladding
Disaster is often the catalyst for change to bring learning and awareness across the industry. the 2017 Grenfell tower fire in London, and the 2014 Lacrosse Tower fire in Melbourne are examples of that. It has sprung government bodies and associations to work on specific measures to address the fire safety risks associated with external wall cladding in buildings.
As a result, several states have started taking action to address the widespread use of flammable building cladding in high-rise constructions.
In Queensland, the building and other legislation (Cladding) amendment regulation 2018 (QLD) came into effect on 1 October 2018. The regulation applies to buildings constructed after 1 January 1994 and will require owners to complete an online checklist by 29 March 2019 to identify buildings affected by combustible cladding. Depending on the type of cladding disclosed, owners may then be required to procure further expert reports or give fire safety notices to tenants and future purchasers.
after the tremendous success and sold out events in New South Wales and Victoria, Corpolinx, therefore, is now hosting the 3nd Edition Fire safety and Cladding summit, scheduled for 26-27 February 2019 in Queensland. The event is designed to bring together fire and construction industry mainly focus in fire safety practice, engineering and risk management involved in cladding by exclusive networking sessions, professional and interactive panel discussions as well as topical case studies addressing the challenges faced and to assess solutions and services in this space to help achieve business outcomes.
- Highly interactive sessions involving all stakeholders from regulators, developers, owners, designers, contractors, manufacturers, insurers & lawyers to address the ambiguities in policies & standards with poor enforcements
- All-States-Panel-Discussion involving senior government professionals from Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria
- Panel discussions on the latest issues on design, technology, innovation and “what’s next” in Queensland
- The most up-to-date information on the varying insurance responses to the cladding crisis
Cladding Litigation Alert! Hear about the absolute latest on cladding litigation trends and liability risks
- Learn what is happening in the new Queensland regulation space on combustible cladding Hear about the insurance response to the cladding issue.
- Better protect residents and civilians from Non-Conforming Building Product-related incidents
- Learn to protect existing buildings by implementing best practices for fire safety
- Innovative approaches to ensure quality and safety without affecting cost Translate policies into practises
- Get informed on the latest on cladding litigation trends and liability risks
Who Should Attend:
- Government and industry regulatory bodies and associations
- Building owners and asset managers
- Developers and construction companies
- Fire and rescue services
- Certifiers, accreditors and surveyors
- Building material importers and suppliers
- Designers and architects
- Insurers, lawyers and strata bodies
- Fire safety and risk officials, engineers and technical managers
- Fire protection companies and solution providers
It was great!
Ben Wallis, Sales Director, Blue Chip Group
Excellent conference in regards to the issue of combustible cladding on buildings.
Steve Parrott, Manager Technical Assessments, Cumberland Council
Very informative and comprehensive.
Bruce McKenzie, National Manager Commercial Services & Major Projects, Sergon Building Consultants
I found the Fire Safety & Cladding Summit held by Corpolinx to be very valuable and uplifting; with expert presenters and friendly environment for group discussions. Thanks to Corpolinx group and all presenters!
Sophie Fekri, Senior Structural/Façade Engineer, Pendyala Consulting
“This event had experts from all parts of the building industry. The networking opportunity was excellent!”
Douglas White, Business Development Manager, Johnson Controls
Really interesting summit!
Sam Ciccia, Senior Project Manager, Shape Group
“Great event! Very informative.”
Eoghan Pierce, Specifications Manager, Kingspan Insulated Panels
Marvellous conference! All building practitioners, owners, insurers, and anyone with an interest in the building cladding safety should attend this conference.
Blair Stratton, Manager – Major Projects, Associate Director, Red Fire Engineers
Very informative conference with a wide range of presentations.
Bruce Smith, Fire Services Engineer, Cundall
A great range of speakers and topics. I look forward to the next one.
Natasha Stojanovich, Special Counsel, Lander & Rogers
I have been to a few of conferences on this theme and this was by far the best one I attended. Holistic approach to fire safety and cladding issues in buildings
John Bordigan, Municipal Building Surveyor, City of Port Phillip
Very informative presentations from industry experts on the ground.
Gareth Gamble, Architectural Technologist ACIAT and Technical Author, NBS